Sunday, November 14, 2010

Anderson to redshirt 2010-11 season

Freshman center Evan Anderson announced Friday his intention to redshirt the 2010-11 season for the Wisconsin men’s basketball team.

“I’m going to take the opportunity to practice and learn more about the game,” Anderson said following Friday’s practice. “I know that fifth year is going to outweigh this year multiple times.

“In the long run, this is the best decision.”

A native of Stanley, Wis., Anderson is one of four freshmen on the Badgers’ roster. He will continue to practice with his teammates this season and will play as a redshirt freshman for the Badgers in 2011-12.

“I’ve gotten so much better already, I feel,” Anderson said. “I know I have a long, long way to go and I took that into account.

“This is a great opportunity for me to help out my team and get better as a player.”

The No. 24-ranked Badgers open the season Sunday by playing host to Prairie View A&M in a 5 p.m. game at the Kohl Center. The game will be carried live on ESPN3.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment